Our product will provide a favorable environment for the growth of various types of vegetable plants while minimizing user engagement in the food production process. This will enable our customers to grow vegetables of their choice at the convenience of their rooftops.
- Plug and Pluck designed
- Water Saving
- Light weight
Innovative Features in Aeroroofs are as follows:
- Automatic Irrigation: Unlike many other home based growing solutions, our customers do not need to manually water the plants on periodic intervals. The systems takes care of this daily chore.
- Easy to Service: Our product has been designed from the bottom up with the user’s experience in mind. As such, it is very easy to service and sanitize.
- Rotatable: The grow towers in our products can be rotated to ensure that all plants receive a balanced amount of sunlight.
- Lightweight: We have the lowest plant to weight ratio of any rooftop growing solution available.
Our current target market are homemakers and working professionals who do not have a lot of time on their hands but are concerned with the quality of food that they are consuming. As such, our product needs to be able to work with minimal engagement from our users. Currently, our product only requires our customers to spend 10 minutes every week to ensure that the amount of water is adequate and the concentration and pH of the fertilizers are balanced. While already low engagement for growing systems, we hope to focus some of our future innovation initiatives on making it even lower.
Scale Up Strategy:
Our offering is composed of an initial product (systems), related recurring services and consumables essential to the operation of our product. Our scale up plan for each of these area are as follows:
System: While we will control the design and the sourcing of the major components used in our systems, much of the manufacturing work will be outsourced to third party metal fabrication companies. This will enable us to quickly produce a lot of systems when necessary. We will maintain a large inventory of parts that are critical to our systems but not readily available in the Nepali market. We have also developed working relations with many of our suppliers.
Consumables: We have been working closely with our suppliers so that we can operating without maintaining a large stock of our consumables. We also have a multi stage plan to scale up our nutrient production as the demand for it scales.
Service: In order to be able to deliver service to our customers, we have an internship program in place that aims to train at least 2 interns every 3 months. We will select the good performers and offer them a full time placement with the company. Also in development are process maps and documents that will help our staff deliver good service as its demand begins to rise.
We have identified the 250,000 homes of Kathmandu Valley as our initial target market.
Any time toilet is a mobile application that locates the users to the nearest restroom of restaurant/cafe. One of the major features of the application is that it displays the nearest restroom to the users whenever in need. Another major feature is that the app is both free and can be used offline once the map is downloaded for the first time. Similarly, being able to use cleaner restrooms of restaurants rather than using public toilets that too for free is one of the greatest value that any time toilet carries.
One of the innovative yet simple technical feature is the "rating" button through which the users can rate the restrooms. It is simple but has a huge impact on the behavior modification of both the toilet lenders and toilet users.
By rating 5 stars in a restroom, the user is able to express their inner feelings about "what a clean toilet should look like"
Similarly, it will also encourage the toilet lender to look after the cleanliness and sanitation if they receive negative feedback.
Overall, this feedback mechanism encourages restaurant to look after sanitation and cleanliness while the users can also play an important role in looking after this matter.
Following are some of the technical features that will help our target audience to find it usable and relevant:
1. The app is free to download from google play store which makes them free to use the app when needed.
2. After turning on the GPS, the user is automatically redirected to the current location which makes it easy for the user to find toilets without any hassle.
3. Once the map has been downloaded, there is no need to open mobile data and find restroom which will save a lot of time and money during such situations.
4. The inclusion of rating system allows the user to constantly communicate with us and the app user to express about their perspective towards that particular restaurant's restroom.
The application is currently available in the google play store. In order to support a more larger user base, the app will be soon launched in the app store so that it becomes available for apple users.
Similarly, expansion of the app both nationally and internationally has been rapidly taking place.
The app is already been operating in the Nepalese market being Kathmandu its primary place of origin. The targeted geographical region is at least 5 urban cities of Nepal in the next two years. The team also intends to launch the app in the international market.
1. Cheap : Kathmandu alone generates 457 metric tones of waste per day of which 66% are bio-degradable waste. Black Soldier Fly larvae (BSFL) acts the one of the most efficient degrader of the biological waste converting them into high quality usable source of food for animal farming. Larvae are voracious eater and decompose waste. These larvae are dried and used as animal feed. Most of the soybean and fish based feed for these poultry and fish farming industries is imported from other countries. Local level production of feed reduces cost of production with better quality of the feed.
2.Organic and environment friendly animal feed: Fly larvae gut can metabolise anything like carbohydrates, proteins, even harmful bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella, etc responsible for disease spread into safe compost. Larvae itself tends to clean themselves making themselves germs free totally safe to be used as organic feed.
3.Value added product: BSF larvae contains ~40-50% of the protein, ~30-40% fat, minerals, vitamins etc which could serve as best sources for protein and fat for the animal diet. The quality of the protein is found to be better than soya based protein which most common source of currently practiced diet in the poultry, fish and swine industry.
2. Easy engineering and installation process of prototype
3. Readily scalable and no hi-tech technicians required
4. Cheap local resources converted to value added product
1. Rapid waste degradation: Bacterial and fungal decomposition takes time as well as depended upon carbon nitrogen ratio whereas BSFL decomposition are not dependent upon carbon nitrogen ration and found to be 55% faster rate of decomposition of waste.
2. Diverse waste degradation capacity: Can degrade anything from citrus fruits, vegetables to even human faeces which is not done by vermicomposting.
3. Reduction of biomethane gas production: BSFL treatment has 50% reduction of methane gas production than normal food waste.
4. Economic assessment: Can be combined with any other commercial digestive process. It was found that vehicle grade biogas can be produced when BSFL treatment was combined with anaerobic digestion process even in low cost.
1. High quality animal based protein in affordable price made locally.
2. Fat with omega fatty acid and quality as equivalent to fish based fat source which are essential for animal growth and development. Moreover, It has advantage over the fish based meal as it comes from a sustainable and environmental friendly sources.
3. Larvae can be used as supplements with other meal as well as as a whole meal
Its all about adding up space once the research phase of rearing the larvae is optimized. In neighbouring countries like China and India has already done it in large scale.
1. Once prototype is developed, it can be easily scale up by setting the system in larger version in order to treat large volume of bio-degradable waste.
2. The breeding capacity will be enhanced. Based on amount of waste we are trying to decompose we have to produce more larvae adding more space to breeding unit.
Our prototype will be made in Kathmandu and first production phase will be in Kathmandu. Our product will be sold in Kathmandu valley where there are 22 poultry feed industries and then we target to Chitwan which has 20 feed industries and then to other areas.
Khaalisisi platform with gamification model allows users (waste-sellers and waste-buyers) to:
- Users can schedule waste pickup at their convenience. Users can either choose to sell or donate waste.
- Instant service – once scheduled, Khaalisisi friend (waste –buyers) nearest to the customer’s location is notified about the pickup. They can reach the customer's location instantly.
- The service can be accessible to any location in the country where Khaalisisi friends (waste-buyers) are present. Easy to scale as no requirement for vans and trucks for pickup.
- Khaalisisi company is notified in every stages of pickup so that the process is automated and operation is seamless.
- Users can keep track and get reports on their waste management efforts. They can login to see how much they have recycled.
- Get rewards and recognition for successfully recycling waste. Recyclers get points and through that they get different rewards and recognition.
- Users can choose to publicly share their progress and recycling data
- Users can play quizzes, watch videos about recycling and waste so that they are more aware about the industry. Through quizzes and games, they can earn points.
With Khaalisisi platform, for the first time in over 50 years in the waste management industry, waste-buyers (khaalisisi friends) do not have to go alley to alley, screaming their lungs out asking for recyclable waste. And customers do not have to be at home or be waiting for a waste-buyer to come by their location. With scheduled pickup, it saves both the waste-sellers and buyers time and effort. Thus, ensuring more recyclables are collected and less is gone to the landfill.
An estimate 70% of the waste that goes to landfill can be recycled. The problem is not in recycling but is in collection. That is where we tend to focus.
Some innovative technical features in the business are:
- Through the backend system, once a customer schedules pickup, the waste-buyer (Khaalisisi friend) nearest to the location is notified. There are around 13,000 waste-buyers in Kathmandu alone. Thus, this feature ensures that only the nearest to the customer’s location is notified and the pickup is done instantly or at the customer’s convenience.
- The backend system stores all information during transactions – data of waste (e.g. kilos of papers, metals recycled), users’ transaction history, repetitiveness and others so that these information allows the platform to recommend users’ on managing waste in much efficient ways in near future and other similar recommendations.
- The users are given points based on how much they have recycled, frequency in transactions, quizzes and videos, and other criteria. Based on these points, they are given rewards and recognitions.
- Rewards are sponsored by different companies in Nepal (which can be as part of their corporate social responsibility). For example, an ongoing scheme with Khaalisisi is where The Himalayan Times is offering up to Rs.900 discount in annual subscription fees when a customer through Khaalisisi recycles above 17 kilos of newspapers.
- A leaderboard is maintained in real-time where public can access and view the leaderboard. Leaders win different titles (recognitions) such as the highest recycler in the year receives the title of the “green Mayor” of their respective city.
With the gamification model, users will:
- Be encouraged to recycle their waste. It will give them a feeling of being a responsible citizen. Users will build on a habit to gather more points through recycling to win rewards and recognitions.
- Through quizzes and games, they will be more aware and learn about waste-management problems and solutions.
- The real-time notifications about pickup will make waste-pickup hassle-free and convenient.
- Access to backend to view transaction history will allow users to see how much they have recycled and see areas where they are recycling more (e.g paper, bottles, electronics).
- Users can gain basic information on their waste-buyer and give points and recommendation about their service upon completion. New users can access this information to allow or cancel a pickup from a particular waste-buyer.
Khaalisisi platform is made to scale. There are about 13,000 Khaalisisi friends (waste-buyers) in Kathmandu alone and thousands of them in each provinces and cities. Currently, 250 Khaalisisi friends work directly with us; meaning they have scheduled pickups and we share revenues from pickup. We intend to work with most of them in each city throughout the nation.
With this business model, we do not require to purchase trucks and vans for pickups. Therefore, even if there are 100,000 pickups a day, our business model allows it to be done seamlessly. The backend system is automated, very less manual work needed to be done. Therefore, scaling will not be a hassle like in most other businesses.
Khaalisisi is operating within the Kathmandu valley. We work with a network of close to 200 waste-buyers (Khaalisisi friends). Since, we have a good hold of the market in terms of data, customer behavior and logistic network, we intend to launch the "gamification model" within this area with the existing network that we have. Once we build a good foundation, work on prototype, rebuild as we go, then we would be ready for expand elsewhere.
This prototype is close loop of agriculture, reuse of foot print, low environmental impact and high yield of food. Aquponic also manage the effluent and reduce the expenses of effluent filtration as well as it does manage the water quality at fish tank. This prototype enhance plant growth double the rate of plant growth than soil. The value of plant is its make up more than 75% of aquponic production value. Able too frequently and consistency of plant production aid in the marketing and good cash crape.
An aquaponic system is made up of a containing the fish and one or more grew beds for vegetables production. The fish supply nutrients to the plant in a grew bed and the plants clean the water of the nutrients and the water then travel back in to the fish tank creating a recalculating system. Aquaponic helps to removal of carbon dioxide.
This prototype is very new at Nepal. We did this at home last year catfish integrated with lettuce. Excellent result obtains and we distributed lettuce vegetable for 100 lecturer of LA College for test. The taste was not any different but tasty and organic .Kantipur television was observed our research about the aquaponic. They broadcast news at television about the research. The growth about the fish was at size 250gm. I already learn about this prototype in USA Iowa state of University 2016 (Prof.David Allen Patillo).
The innovative technical feature In our prototype aquponic system two independent recirculation system for each component i.e. aquaculture and hydroponic connected in directionally from the fish to the plant unit and gaining vaporized water for the aquaculture unit by consideration via air conditioning, There by conserving water. Value added chains concerning water, nutrients and carbon dioxide released from fish metabolism supplementing plant growth. This in turn produces oxygen by photosynthesis.
There are following innovative technology of prototype.
1. Fish tank-In this case we will re-use of barrel drum, and other wastage of tank.
We will use cemented permanent fish tank for rearing of fish in any stage. This proto type at home not only business thinking but it’s a esthetic value too at home and entertainment.
2. Aquaponic prototype is very expensive for initial stage for establishment, but we innovates use of wastes plastic low cost tank for growing bed.
3 fish is not available yearly that’s I we stock aquarium fish and breed them easily .It’s a small scale of business at home for the disable women and house wife at home. Similarly every house wife at Kathmandu urban city will easily install and can do a this aquaponic system easily.
Aquponic prototype is different to others RAS, ASTAF-Pro, Rakocy 2014,Iowa state University experiment, they initiates only for food production in the country but we innovates aquarium fish production and ornamental flower production and esthetic value in every house hold.
The technical feature in our prototype as follows:
Recalculating units the culture water exist the fish tank containing the metabolic wastage of fish. The water first passes through mechanical filter that capture solids wastes, and then passes through a biofilter that oxidize ammonia to nitrate. The water then travels through plant grow beds where plants uptake the nutrients, and finally the water return, purified, to the fish tank. The biofilter provides habitat for bacteria to convert fish waste into accessible nutrients for plants. These nutrients, which are dissolved in the water, are then absorbed by the plants. this process of nutrients removal clean water, preventing the water from becoming toxic with harmful forms of nitrogen (ammonia and nitrite) and allows the fish ,plants and bacteria to thrive symbiotically.
The technical architecture and framework design structure include the Mechanical structure- i. fish tank, ii grows bed, iii. a bell siphone together with a pipe and electronic components.
iii. Bell siphon- The Bell Siphon is the device responsible for regulating water flow throughout the entire system. Periodically fill and empties the growing bed flow of water through the grow bed it is decided to use a simple method inspired by the bell siphone.
This method simply involves a tube with a smaller diameter than the pump tube so that the grow bed will fill with water as the smaller tube could not expel the rising water as quickly as it will be pumped into the grow bed, this small tube will be surrounded by a smaller guard/ filter to stop any waste/dirt.
Clarifier or filtration process in aquaponic: Mechanical filtration is minimum clogging and automatic cleaning but it’s expensive. Here we can use sand, cheep, small stones, small pebbles, bead filter clarifier.
Biofilter:- the surface area of bio filtration solid is large space. That it is a living space of nitrifying bacteria, if there are limited spaces its become competition and dies all bacteria and smelling the water. The ammonia and nitrite should be >0/o7mg/l, DO is 4mg/l, Ph 7.2-8.8, alkalinity >200mg/l as CACO3.Nutrients supplements: fish feed provide 10 out of 13 macro and micro nutrients. Iron chelae (EDTA), CALCIUM calcium carbonate, calcium hydroxide, calcium chloride, potassium chloride, potassium hydroxide etc.
The project prototype generally focused on food and non food related cultivated agriculture. The development of these project communities will express a growing interest in urban aquaponic farm as a sustainable method to provide source of healthy, fresh and cost effective protein and vegetable to the local community, le providing the job and educational opportunities for citizen. In urban aquaponic system ability to utilize non-agricultural field and underutilized properties and building in or near population centers for our project operations. This positioning is crucial to overcoming food and in providing near work opportunities of undeserved population, particularly among urban food insecure areas.
2.1.1 nitrogen cycle the bacteria colonies naturally the system i.e water colume and biofilter(clay pebbles in our case)(Gregory Dyson Hetcher Getland and Shield 2012 van Kessel et al 2010). When all these bacteria are found in the sufficient number sto convert all of the ammonia and nitrite produced in a system it is said to have cycled (GReenfish Aquaponics 2011).
Aquaponic is is an intensive aquaculture system (Gjedrem Robinson and Rye 2012) with a debugging system constituted by microorganism to decompose the organic materials present in the fish converts in to nitrate and phosphorus and finally a hydroponic system to perform the bio-filtering of these salts originated by the microorganisms, ensuring that the no accumulation of decomposition product occurs.
The proto type will be scale up in the market. We will go to set of this prototype at community level, after completion of this work, people knows how to production of aquaponic system of fish and vegetables in small space at urban areas. Its will help for animal protein from the aquaculture and organic vegetables for consumption of people.
Regarding environmental ethics: the relationship of humans with the natural environment, many environmental aspects will to be taken in account by the team in the design of the aquaponic system., the design will focused on creating an aesthetic and attractive look for a modern outdoor aquponic system. Furthermore environmental ethics must serve not to hinder future generation; there for the team will start that they have to be responsible with natural resources that they are using. In aquaponic system will want to use materials which can be recycled
our product will use at urban areas such as school,college,office and high populated areas of Kathmandu specially.urban cities .old and new baneswor, tripureswor kalimati etc
Smart Bucket: an economic, odorless,effective, portable and indoor alternative of traditional compost bin, turning organic kitchen waste into both solid and liquid fertilizer, thus reducing waste at its generation site and contributing to KMC for solid waste management.
- Simple and compact bioreactor for the fermentation of the organic waste.
- Use of the indigenious environment friendly microbes for the fastidious decomposition.
- These microbes are the native isolates thus the performance is high.
An economic, odorless,effective, portable and indoor alternative of traditional compost bin, turning organic kitchen waste into both solid and liquid fertilizer, thus reducing waste at its generation site.
- Materials: Materials used for Smart Bucket is manufactured in Nepal , this facilitates the availability of the raw materials within the short period of time.
- Workforce: Praramva Biotech has been serving to 15 members staff.
- Workspace: Praramva has been operating in 6 ropani of land in kathmandu (Nagarjun-06), this serves us enough space for the assembling and fabrication of the raw materials within our premises.
- Decomposer: These indigenous microbes has been isolated in the laboratory of Praramva Biotech, and these microbes can be replicated in sufficient quantity within the laboratory of our own by the technical staffs.
The above mentioned features of our team will definately eases us for the scale up the product within the limited time framework.
We primarily target the heavily urbanized area of Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur Metropolitian City. The house and flat/apartment owners will be our primary customer.