Our product will provide a favorable environment for the growth of various types of vegetable plants while minimizing user engagement in the food production process. This will enable our customers to grow vegetables of their choice at the convenience of their rooftops.
- Plug and Pluck designed
- Water Saving
- Light weight
Innovative Features in Aeroroofs are as follows:
- Automatic Irrigation: Unlike many other home based growing solutions, our customers do not need to manually water the plants on periodic intervals. The systems takes care of this daily chore.
- Easy to Service: Our product has been designed from the bottom up with the user’s experience in mind. As such, it is very easy to service and sanitize.
- Rotatable: The grow towers in our products can be rotated to ensure that all plants receive a balanced amount of sunlight.
- Lightweight: We have the lowest plant to weight ratio of any rooftop growing solution available.
Our current target market are homemakers and working professionals who do not have a lot of time on their hands but are concerned with the quality of food that they are consuming. As such, our product needs to be able to work with minimal engagement from our users. Currently, our product only requires our customers to spend 10 minutes every week to ensure that the amount of water is adequate and the concentration and pH of the fertilizers are balanced. While already low engagement for growing systems, we hope to focus some of our future innovation initiatives on making it even lower.
Scale Up Strategy:
Our offering is composed of an initial product (systems), related recurring services and consumables essential to the operation of our product. Our scale up plan for each of these area are as follows:
System: While we will control the design and the sourcing of the major components used in our systems, much of the manufacturing work will be outsourced to third party metal fabrication companies. This will enable us to quickly produce a lot of systems when necessary. We will maintain a large inventory of parts that are critical to our systems but not readily available in the Nepali market. We have also developed working relations with many of our suppliers.
Consumables: We have been working closely with our suppliers so that we can operating without maintaining a large stock of our consumables. We also have a multi stage plan to scale up our nutrient production as the demand for it scales.
Service: In order to be able to deliver service to our customers, we have an internship program in place that aims to train at least 2 interns every 3 months. We will select the good performers and offer them a full time placement with the company. Also in development are process maps and documents that will help our staff deliver good service as its demand begins to rise.
We have identified the 250,000 homes of Kathmandu Valley as our initial target market.
Any time toilet is a mobile application that locates the users to the nearest restroom of restaurant/cafe. One of the major features of the application is that it displays the nearest restroom to the users whenever in need. Another major feature is that the app is both free and can be used offline once the map is downloaded for the first time. Similarly, being able to use cleaner restrooms of restaurants rather than using public toilets that too for free is one of the greatest value that any time toilet carries.
One of the innovative yet simple technical feature is the "rating" button through which the users can rate the restrooms. It is simple but has a huge impact on the behavior modification of both the toilet lenders and toilet users.
By rating 5 stars in a restroom, the user is able to express their inner feelings about "what a clean toilet should look like"
Similarly, it will also encourage the toilet lender to look after the cleanliness and sanitation if they receive negative feedback.
Overall, this feedback mechanism encourages restaurant to look after sanitation and cleanliness while the users can also play an important role in looking after this matter.
Following are some of the technical features that will help our target audience to find it usable and relevant:
1. The app is free to download from google play store which makes them free to use the app when needed.
2. After turning on the GPS, the user is automatically redirected to the current location which makes it easy for the user to find toilets without any hassle.
3. Once the map has been downloaded, there is no need to open mobile data and find restroom which will save a lot of time and money during such situations.
4. The inclusion of rating system allows the user to constantly communicate with us and the app user to express about their perspective towards that particular restaurant's restroom.
The application is currently available in the google play store. In order to support a more larger user base, the app will be soon launched in the app store so that it becomes available for apple users.
Similarly, expansion of the app both nationally and internationally has been rapidly taking place.
The app is already been operating in the Nepalese market being Kathmandu its primary place of origin. The targeted geographical region is at least 5 urban cities of Nepal in the next two years. The team also intends to launch the app in the international market.
Our product has been designed with the aim of providing a digital interface to view and edit tax records of individuals.
The major functionalities and features are as follows:
- Users of this system are able to view all their current tax records (land-tax, income-tax and vehicle-tax for now) in a completely digital form.
- The admin interface allows government officers to add new users, and fill in their initial profiles.
- The admins also provide the users with a login details
- Adding, deleting and modifying of tax-data.
We use a No-SQL database : Cloud Firestore which stores data in documents arranged in collections.
- Simple data is stored in documents, which is easy and similar to the way data is stored in JSON.
- Complex, hierarchical data is conveniently organized at scale using subcollections within documents.
- requires less denormalization and data flattening.
- dont need to write deep queries; instead of an entire collection or entire document, we can query subcollections within a document in Cloud Firestore.
- query performance is proportional to the size of your result set, not your data set.
General public will be able to view their tax records through the web, while admins in offices can modify the public records related to tax along with their personal details. Being a web app users can easily use our app by connecting through the internet.
Since the use of NoSQL, for any individual user a different kind of data than another user can be stored for that user
Cloud Firestore doesnt require sharding/partioning across mulitple instances, so is automatically scalable for growing user base. The database is a NoSQL based solution, hence horizontal scaling is possible.
Due to the way we designed our product, it is capable of being scaled to various administrative levels. Our aim is to implement it in every ward office with computer equipment (for admin control and user data upload) of the country.
Users can access their information from across the globe.
Bhoo.me is a land title exchange workflow tool with following features
Different permission and roles for users/entities (जग्गा धनी, Buyer, नापी बिभाग, नगरपालिका, मालपोत, and Bank) - access control list
Land can be registered in the system
Transfer of land process with approval/reject feature for different users/entities
The land transfer doesn’t initiate when land is collateral
Buyers seek a more transparent way to validate the ownership of a particular parcel of land. Governments look to reduce the costs associated with monitoring, updating, and validating the property ownership records.
Bhoo.me utilizes blockchain to verify land ownership in the registry process. Blockchain is an incorruptible distributed digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but everything of value like land title records. Bhoo.me will make digital land transfer process more robust and rigid. This makes Bhoo.me -
Digital ledger: Bhoo.me keeps a digital record of land as compared to physical paper.
Immutable: Once the land record is stored in blockchain it cannot be changed. In case of human error, while recording the transaction, one can always add up and amend for the mistake but the history of the original transaction will always remain in the block.
Transparent: Bhoo.me will make the transfer process transparent and auditable.
Bhoo.me has user role to manage app permission for different entities/users. We have utilized Bootstrap theme for more user-friendly and intuitive UX/UI.
One of the major benefits of the product is efficiency the system brings in the land transfer process due to use of Hyperledger. The process can be automated, and costs can be drastically reduced while the number of parties involved reduced. The immutable and transparent nature of land record ownership will reduce dispute among the various stakeholders.
We want to conduct proof of concept within certain ward in Kathmandu. Then conduct with marginalized groups beyond the valley.
We had applied to Smart Urban Technical Challenge so that Bhoo.me can be implemented without friction. For proof of concept, we will be choosing and implementing specific ward in Kathmandu or create demo application with dummy data to showcase Bhoo.me.
- There will be a barcode or a QR code on the card which can be scanned at government or administrative offices to access the information of the cardholder every time they approach those offices seeking any services or documents.
- The database at the government office stores all the documents that are to be provided or already provided by the government to the cardholder, in digital format. This feature definitely cuts off the use of paper-based documentation system and makes the process of storing documents of the citizens easier for the municipalities and administrative bodies.
- For issuing any new document by the government or municipality for the cardholder, the photocopies of certain documents are not to be mandatory since everything is already stored in the system of the municipality.
- Barcode or QR code makes document access easier and faster, and saves a lot of time of the people.
- In case of any accident, the card of the victim can be scanned by the rescuers through the app (our product) that is installed in their smartphones to have the information of victim’s relatives (name and number only to prevent identity theft) and notify them about the accident
- Also, if the accident casualties have the app installed in their phone, a simple 3 volume button click will pop up a notification header even in the lock screen containing the victim's name and the number to his emergency contact, enough to identify the victim but still making sure that their identities are intact.
- The feature of notifying the relatives of the victim of accident by pressing the power button thrice, which is included in our product, can save a lot of lives.
- In case if any person loses the card and it is found by someone else, the finder can scan the card to have the information of victim cardholder’s information (viz. name, address and phone number, if they aren’t already available in the card) to notify the victim that the card has been found.
- For the traffic rule offenders, the ticket or receipt can be provided by the traffic police in digital format which is stored in the profile of the offender. For the payment of the fine, the offender can allow for the QR code to be scanned at the transportation department office to pay the fine. This feature cuts off the need to provide a paper receipt to the offenders, ultimately easing the process for the transportation department as well.
- The product can also be used by schools and offices for multiple functions. First of all, it allows for the administrative bodies to keep track of their pupils (mandatory personal information, attendance, assignments, credits, etc.). In schools, the app can be used by parents to get information of their children’s behavior and performance at school in a better way. In offices, the employees can have better track of their work profile as well as easily get information(name, number, etc.) of all their colleagues.
- Barcode code, QR code on the card (Citizenship or any other identification card)
- An app which can be used for scanning the barcodes and to access one's profile. The profile contains all the data of the cardholder which can be accessed only by the cardholder himself through unique username and password.
- Website of similar functions; used by administrative bodies for managing the data and for cardholders to access the data.
- Use of power button for notification system allowing for casualty identification and notifying the victim's relatives of the casualty.
- Single point of documentation removing the hassle of carrying papers and files of multiple loose ends just to get a simple job done.
- Prevents loss of documents through digitization.
- It is similar to every other app or website.
- It is user friendly.
- It is available in Nepali Language so it is understandable by all.
- It cuts off the fear of loss of any physical document because it can easily be re-issued by paying certain amount at the municipality, in a short period of time. The digital copy of the documents makes all the processing of issuing it much easier.
- It makes lives of the people much better.
First, the product can be tested on a small portion of the community. After the success of the product, which is guaranteed, it can be used by all the administrative bodies such as schools and offices that have their unique card system, to ease administrative services whilst providing better community services through the same product.
First of all, the product will be most effective if it is used by any one of the administrative bodies of the municipality. For example, issue digital citizenship to certain percent of the civilians of the Kathmandu Valley. After success of the process, it can be adopted by other municipalities slowly to ultimately reach national level.
- Digital Nepal School Management Software is user-friendly interface which means anyone with basic computer Knowledge and ability to understand English can use our system.
- Our system is errorless, secure and strong.
- Our support team is committed to provide instant help to the users.
- The software can be used both online as well as offline and can run effectively in any
- Platform as it has the unique characteristic of synchronizing.
- There is an online portal through which the management can search the student and get all the details instantly.
- Through the online portal the parents can easily communicate with any teacher or the management. Similarly, they can download or get the prints of all the academic,attendance reports, time tables, syllabus etc.
- Teachers can easily communicate with the parents through online portal and keep the track of the communication.
- School management can access all the activities of the teachers as well as students from a single platform.
- The expenses of printing, postage and reproduction can be cut due to the availability of SMS services.
- Whenever there is need of update or maintenance or issues regarding the software, the company sends well trained persons to your school.
- You can access the records of your school from a remote location at any time from Anywhere by using a tablet, mobile or laptops.
- If the system is connected to the internet having minimum speed of 1 MBPS, all the database back up will be saved in local server and cloud server.
- All ID Cards, admit card, Academic Reports can be generated with ease.
- In a single click, you can get the complete biography of the student.
- Online Live Chat support as well as On-site support.
- E-Attendance through Bio-metric device, Mobile Apps & Software.
- E-Library Management through which students can search books and request books through mobile apps and get availability of books.
- Fully Customized as per requirement.
- Most of the softwares available for schools/colleges are either offline or online but we provide both online and offline based software with two way data synchronization. No matter whether the internet connection is available or not, user can easily perform their task offline and data automatically gets synchronized from web server to desktop application's local database and vice-versa when connected to internet.
- Our software provides feature to generate high quality Smart Id Card for students which is highly customizable & reliable.
- Users are able to use integrate biometric devices for student and teacher's attendance which support fingerprint, face scanner and Smart Id Card.
- Our software includes five different mobile apps for Founders, Teachers, Students and Parents which helps respective users to get connected and notified about school/college's day to day activities in real time.
- We also provide special centralized monitoring system for Mayor through web portal and through Android & IOS mobile Apps.
- Online payment gateway like eSewa and Khalti is integrated on Parent's mobile app which helps them to pay fees of their children without visiting School/College.
- Student's can search books available in library, request a book directly from mobile app and get notified when his/her request is approved or rejected.
- The finest and responsive UI/UX of desktop, web and mobile apps.
- Highly Customizable Smart ID Card with more than 10 landscape and portrait themes.
- General and GPA Marksheet generation with customizable evaluation settings.
- Online Fee Payment via E-Sewa and Khalti.
- Founder can track all activities of school like inventory report, accounts report, exam report, teacher and staff's attendance and leave applications etc from anywhere at any time with the help of Digital Nepal Founder App.
- Real Time Attendance with Biometric device which supports Fingerprint, Smart ID Card and Face Recognition.
- Real time School Bus Location Tracking.
- Payment, Notice, Attendance, Exam Result and Due Payment Alert on Student and Parent's App.
- Online resources for student where thousands of videos and tutorials are available for studying online.
- E-Library which helps to search books online from school's library and request a borrow. Also, the user will be notified if the request is approved or rejected.
- Central Monitoring System which helps to monitor the overall performance of associated schools by Mayor or Specific Super User with full privilege.
- Separate Mayor's and Super User App for Central Monitoring.
- Dedicated Support and Live Chat.
- Send sms to students, parents and staffs.
- Send push notifications to students, parents and staffs.
- Manage Team members with custom roles and role specific privilege by school/college administration.
- Inventory, Accounts and Staff Payroll Management.
- Register a case or complain against or by student and staffs.
- Request a leave through mobile apps.
- Fully Customized as per requirement.
We have already gone in scale up phase and right now we want to scale up from 200 customers to 1000 customers. Well managed technical team and marketing team will bring customer and customer support department team will provide support to those customers. Our dealers and distributors will work accordingly to scale up the customer base.
Initially we have targeted the Province I and this year we have targeted 5 Provinces of Nepal. Province 1, 2 ,3,5, 7 . We have already build dealer network in these areas and we can provide services easily.
- We have already used our products in the market from the province I .
- Now it is in operation in more than 200+ school all over the Nepal and more than 500+ Demo account.
- We are in operation in 5 Province and more than 40+ district.
- We have also implemented in some of the well known schools of Kathmandu. So as we make our authorized dealer or reseller, we start our business operation in that place as there will be local support team available.
1. Cheap : Kathmandu alone generates 457 metric tones of waste per day of which 66% are bio-degradable waste. Black Soldier Fly larvae (BSFL) acts the one of the most efficient degrader of the biological waste converting them into high quality usable source of food for animal farming. Larvae are voracious eater and decompose waste. These larvae are dried and used as animal feed. Most of the soybean and fish based feed for these poultry and fish farming industries is imported from other countries. Local level production of feed reduces cost of production with better quality of the feed.
2.Organic and environment friendly animal feed: Fly larvae gut can metabolise anything like carbohydrates, proteins, even harmful bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella, etc responsible for disease spread into safe compost. Larvae itself tends to clean themselves making themselves germs free totally safe to be used as organic feed.
3.Value added product: BSF larvae contains ~40-50% of the protein, ~30-40% fat, minerals, vitamins etc which could serve as best sources for protein and fat for the animal diet. The quality of the protein is found to be better than soya based protein which most common source of currently practiced diet in the poultry, fish and swine industry.
2. Easy engineering and installation process of prototype
3. Readily scalable and no hi-tech technicians required
4. Cheap local resources converted to value added product
1. Rapid waste degradation: Bacterial and fungal decomposition takes time as well as depended upon carbon nitrogen ratio whereas BSFL decomposition are not dependent upon carbon nitrogen ration and found to be 55% faster rate of decomposition of waste.
2. Diverse waste degradation capacity: Can degrade anything from citrus fruits, vegetables to even human faeces which is not done by vermicomposting.
3. Reduction of biomethane gas production: BSFL treatment has 50% reduction of methane gas production than normal food waste.
4. Economic assessment: Can be combined with any other commercial digestive process. It was found that vehicle grade biogas can be produced when BSFL treatment was combined with anaerobic digestion process even in low cost.
1. High quality animal based protein in affordable price made locally.
2. Fat with omega fatty acid and quality as equivalent to fish based fat source which are essential for animal growth and development. Moreover, It has advantage over the fish based meal as it comes from a sustainable and environmental friendly sources.
3. Larvae can be used as supplements with other meal as well as as a whole meal
Its all about adding up space once the research phase of rearing the larvae is optimized. In neighbouring countries like China and India has already done it in large scale.
1. Once prototype is developed, it can be easily scale up by setting the system in larger version in order to treat large volume of bio-degradable waste.
2. The breeding capacity will be enhanced. Based on amount of waste we are trying to decompose we have to produce more larvae adding more space to breeding unit.
Our prototype will be made in Kathmandu and first production phase will be in Kathmandu. Our product will be sold in Kathmandu valley where there are 22 poultry feed industries and then we target to Chitwan which has 20 feed industries and then to other areas.
- Our system generates house number smartly under the designated criterion with the user’s geolocation data.
- Our system provides users with geotagged information for the provided house-number.
- Our system will maintain database smartly which can be used for services involving digital map or geotagged information.
-writable complete address that incorporates house number information
- User-centric design for B2C.
- Intuitive house number generation for B2B services
- Customized/tailored service for the various Business requirement.
The following will be the sequence of scaling our technology to generate the house number:
House address generation for a house-> House address generation for a ward-> House address generation for the municipality.
Technically the same algorithm can be looped in to generate the house number for any municipality or city. So the same product can be deployed in other cities of Nepal like Pokhara/Butwal. To attract users we plan to advertise our product to the potential users of other geographies.
Kathmandu Municipality inside Ring Road
Khaalisisi platform with gamification model allows users (waste-sellers and waste-buyers) to:
- Users can schedule waste pickup at their convenience. Users can either choose to sell or donate waste.
- Instant service – once scheduled, Khaalisisi friend (waste –buyers) nearest to the customer’s location is notified about the pickup. They can reach the customer's location instantly.
- The service can be accessible to any location in the country where Khaalisisi friends (waste-buyers) are present. Easy to scale as no requirement for vans and trucks for pickup.
- Khaalisisi company is notified in every stages of pickup so that the process is automated and operation is seamless.
- Users can keep track and get reports on their waste management efforts. They can login to see how much they have recycled.
- Get rewards and recognition for successfully recycling waste. Recyclers get points and through that they get different rewards and recognition.
- Users can choose to publicly share their progress and recycling data
- Users can play quizzes, watch videos about recycling and waste so that they are more aware about the industry. Through quizzes and games, they can earn points.
With Khaalisisi platform, for the first time in over 50 years in the waste management industry, waste-buyers (khaalisisi friends) do not have to go alley to alley, screaming their lungs out asking for recyclable waste. And customers do not have to be at home or be waiting for a waste-buyer to come by their location. With scheduled pickup, it saves both the waste-sellers and buyers time and effort. Thus, ensuring more recyclables are collected and less is gone to the landfill.
An estimate 70% of the waste that goes to landfill can be recycled. The problem is not in recycling but is in collection. That is where we tend to focus.
Some innovative technical features in the business are:
- Through the backend system, once a customer schedules pickup, the waste-buyer (Khaalisisi friend) nearest to the location is notified. There are around 13,000 waste-buyers in Kathmandu alone. Thus, this feature ensures that only the nearest to the customer’s location is notified and the pickup is done instantly or at the customer’s convenience.
- The backend system stores all information during transactions – data of waste (e.g. kilos of papers, metals recycled), users’ transaction history, repetitiveness and others so that these information allows the platform to recommend users’ on managing waste in much efficient ways in near future and other similar recommendations.
- The users are given points based on how much they have recycled, frequency in transactions, quizzes and videos, and other criteria. Based on these points, they are given rewards and recognitions.
- Rewards are sponsored by different companies in Nepal (which can be as part of their corporate social responsibility). For example, an ongoing scheme with Khaalisisi is where The Himalayan Times is offering up to Rs.900 discount in annual subscription fees when a customer through Khaalisisi recycles above 17 kilos of newspapers.
- A leaderboard is maintained in real-time where public can access and view the leaderboard. Leaders win different titles (recognitions) such as the highest recycler in the year receives the title of the “green Mayor” of their respective city.
With the gamification model, users will:
- Be encouraged to recycle their waste. It will give them a feeling of being a responsible citizen. Users will build on a habit to gather more points through recycling to win rewards and recognitions.
- Through quizzes and games, they will be more aware and learn about waste-management problems and solutions.
- The real-time notifications about pickup will make waste-pickup hassle-free and convenient.
- Access to backend to view transaction history will allow users to see how much they have recycled and see areas where they are recycling more (e.g paper, bottles, electronics).
- Users can gain basic information on their waste-buyer and give points and recommendation about their service upon completion. New users can access this information to allow or cancel a pickup from a particular waste-buyer.
Khaalisisi platform is made to scale. There are about 13,000 Khaalisisi friends (waste-buyers) in Kathmandu alone and thousands of them in each provinces and cities. Currently, 250 Khaalisisi friends work directly with us; meaning they have scheduled pickups and we share revenues from pickup. We intend to work with most of them in each city throughout the nation.
With this business model, we do not require to purchase trucks and vans for pickups. Therefore, even if there are 100,000 pickups a day, our business model allows it to be done seamlessly. The backend system is automated, very less manual work needed to be done. Therefore, scaling will not be a hassle like in most other businesses.
Khaalisisi is operating within the Kathmandu valley. We work with a network of close to 200 waste-buyers (Khaalisisi friends). Since, we have a good hold of the market in terms of data, customer behavior and logistic network, we intend to launch the "gamification model" within this area with the existing network that we have. Once we build a good foundation, work on prototype, rebuild as we go, then we would be ready for expand elsewhere.
Following are the overall features and functionalities of our prototype:
Immutable database using Distributed Ledger Technology(DLT)
Transparent system / Corruption control
Automation of manual works(such as for verification process in government and banking side using smart contract)
Real-time land transaction tracking
Real-time land tax tracking
Government verification system before any transaction of land which is missing in the current workflow
Removes most of the dependency with brokers
Saves time and cost during the transaction of land
Field verification of land via government / legal support for users
Following are the innovative technical features that have been implemented in our prototype:
- Distributed Ledger Technology(Blockchain) for immutable land records
Single source of truth (SSOT) for sharing data with concerned parties (Government, Bank, Courts)
Automation of various tasks(verification part of the government, banks) using smart contract.
The tracking system of each and every transaction that occurs with sufficient data.
Multi-layer access and role system.
Following are the main technical features of our prototype that will make it useful to our target audience:
Record verification system by government
Field verification system by government
Transparency : Immutable database that can track every transactions details
Automation, less paperwork, fast transaction and cheap
- The pilot project in small space
- Module framework of the verification system
- Testing of outcomes can be applied in
- Vehicle management
- Health sector
- Real estate
- Platform for buying/selling land
- Replacing land brokers
Our prototype is mainly intended for Kathmandu Metropolitan City at the moment, especially for “Land Department” of “Ministry of Land Management, Cooperatives and Poverty Alleviation”.
- Mobile application with Qr scanner and google API for the cyclist to find the nearest cycle station and short possible destination.
- establishing different cycle stations so one can hire cycle from one station to the another destination
- Mobile application have google API for the use of maps to show possible short directions to destination.
- Mobile application have Qr scanner to scan the Qr code which is available at cycle.
- Our service have locking system to lock the cycle at the station.
- Upgrading normal bike to electronic bikes.
- Using female friendly bicycles
- Expanding stations in different locations
We intend to use our product primarily in premises around Kathmandu University. There is walking distance of 800 meters from nearby bus station to university gate where no public transportation is available.
We will be establishing five bicycle stations including one in Dhulikhel, in Banepa and inside University.
This prototype is close loop of agriculture, reuse of foot print, low environmental impact and high yield of food. Aquponic also manage the effluent and reduce the expenses of effluent filtration as well as it does manage the water quality at fish tank. This prototype enhance plant growth double the rate of plant growth than soil. The value of plant is its make up more than 75% of aquponic production value. Able too frequently and consistency of plant production aid in the marketing and good cash crape.
An aquaponic system is made up of a containing the fish and one or more grew beds for vegetables production. The fish supply nutrients to the plant in a grew bed and the plants clean the water of the nutrients and the water then travel back in to the fish tank creating a recalculating system. Aquaponic helps to removal of carbon dioxide.
This prototype is very new at Nepal. We did this at home last year catfish integrated with lettuce. Excellent result obtains and we distributed lettuce vegetable for 100 lecturer of LA College for test. The taste was not any different but tasty and organic .Kantipur television was observed our research about the aquaponic. They broadcast news at television about the research. The growth about the fish was at size 250gm. I already learn about this prototype in USA Iowa state of University 2016 (Prof.David Allen Patillo).
The innovative technical feature In our prototype aquponic system two independent recirculation system for each component i.e. aquaculture and hydroponic connected in directionally from the fish to the plant unit and gaining vaporized water for the aquaculture unit by consideration via air conditioning, There by conserving water. Value added chains concerning water, nutrients and carbon dioxide released from fish metabolism supplementing plant growth. This in turn produces oxygen by photosynthesis.
There are following innovative technology of prototype.
1. Fish tank-In this case we will re-use of barrel drum, and other wastage of tank.
We will use cemented permanent fish tank for rearing of fish in any stage. This proto type at home not only business thinking but it’s a esthetic value too at home and entertainment.
2. Aquaponic prototype is very expensive for initial stage for establishment, but we innovates use of wastes plastic low cost tank for growing bed.
3 fish is not available yearly that’s I we stock aquarium fish and breed them easily .It’s a small scale of business at home for the disable women and house wife at home. Similarly every house wife at Kathmandu urban city will easily install and can do a this aquaponic system easily.
Aquponic prototype is different to others RAS, ASTAF-Pro, Rakocy 2014,Iowa state University experiment, they initiates only for food production in the country but we innovates aquarium fish production and ornamental flower production and esthetic value in every house hold.
The technical feature in our prototype as follows:
Recalculating units the culture water exist the fish tank containing the metabolic wastage of fish. The water first passes through mechanical filter that capture solids wastes, and then passes through a biofilter that oxidize ammonia to nitrate. The water then travels through plant grow beds where plants uptake the nutrients, and finally the water return, purified, to the fish tank. The biofilter provides habitat for bacteria to convert fish waste into accessible nutrients for plants. These nutrients, which are dissolved in the water, are then absorbed by the plants. this process of nutrients removal clean water, preventing the water from becoming toxic with harmful forms of nitrogen (ammonia and nitrite) and allows the fish ,plants and bacteria to thrive symbiotically.
The technical architecture and framework design structure include the Mechanical structure- i. fish tank, ii grows bed, iii. a bell siphone together with a pipe and electronic components.
iii. Bell siphon- The Bell Siphon is the device responsible for regulating water flow throughout the entire system. Periodically fill and empties the growing bed flow of water through the grow bed it is decided to use a simple method inspired by the bell siphone.
This method simply involves a tube with a smaller diameter than the pump tube so that the grow bed will fill with water as the smaller tube could not expel the rising water as quickly as it will be pumped into the grow bed, this small tube will be surrounded by a smaller guard/ filter to stop any waste/dirt.
Clarifier or filtration process in aquaponic: Mechanical filtration is minimum clogging and automatic cleaning but it’s expensive. Here we can use sand, cheep, small stones, small pebbles, bead filter clarifier.
Biofilter:- the surface area of bio filtration solid is large space. That it is a living space of nitrifying bacteria, if there are limited spaces its become competition and dies all bacteria and smelling the water. The ammonia and nitrite should be >0/o7mg/l, DO is 4mg/l, Ph 7.2-8.8, alkalinity >200mg/l as CACO3.Nutrients supplements: fish feed provide 10 out of 13 macro and micro nutrients. Iron chelae (EDTA), CALCIUM calcium carbonate, calcium hydroxide, calcium chloride, potassium chloride, potassium hydroxide etc.
The project prototype generally focused on food and non food related cultivated agriculture. The development of these project communities will express a growing interest in urban aquaponic farm as a sustainable method to provide source of healthy, fresh and cost effective protein and vegetable to the local community, le providing the job and educational opportunities for citizen. In urban aquaponic system ability to utilize non-agricultural field and underutilized properties and building in or near population centers for our project operations. This positioning is crucial to overcoming food and in providing near work opportunities of undeserved population, particularly among urban food insecure areas.
2.1.1 nitrogen cycle the bacteria colonies naturally the system i.e water colume and biofilter(clay pebbles in our case)(Gregory Dyson Hetcher Getland and Shield 2012 van Kessel et al 2010). When all these bacteria are found in the sufficient number sto convert all of the ammonia and nitrite produced in a system it is said to have cycled (GReenfish Aquaponics 2011).
Aquaponic is is an intensive aquaculture system (Gjedrem Robinson and Rye 2012) with a debugging system constituted by microorganism to decompose the organic materials present in the fish converts in to nitrate and phosphorus and finally a hydroponic system to perform the bio-filtering of these salts originated by the microorganisms, ensuring that the no accumulation of decomposition product occurs.
The proto type will be scale up in the market. We will go to set of this prototype at community level, after completion of this work, people knows how to production of aquaponic system of fish and vegetables in small space at urban areas. Its will help for animal protein from the aquaculture and organic vegetables for consumption of people.
Regarding environmental ethics: the relationship of humans with the natural environment, many environmental aspects will to be taken in account by the team in the design of the aquaponic system., the design will focused on creating an aesthetic and attractive look for a modern outdoor aquponic system. Furthermore environmental ethics must serve not to hinder future generation; there for the team will start that they have to be responsible with natural resources that they are using. In aquaponic system will want to use materials which can be recycled
our product will use at urban areas such as school,college,office and high populated areas of Kathmandu specially.urban cities .old and new baneswor, tripureswor kalimati etc
MotorBhada is Nepal's first and the most comprehensive dual-language Public Transportation app that allows daily public transport commuters to search for Bus Fares, Routes, Search for the nearest location to take Public Transport, Arrival Search, Live-Track Vehicles, Get Live traffic Updates and notifications across Nepal.
And the B2B app MotorBhada Company is for Public Transport and Transporta Companies, NGOs/INGOs, Travel Agencies, Private and Government Organizations, Schools, Hospitals, Offices and any group or individuals to track their vehicles, manage their fleet, evaluate the driver's performance, safer vehicle renting in real-time with their smartphones.
With features like Profile, Start, Notifications, Traffic Jam, Food, Malfunction, Accident, Strike, Natural Disaster, Road Construction, Medial emergency and Security, now a company, after registering, can track their vehicles and stay updated at any time with the MotorBhada Company App.
Keeping in mind the excessive number of users. We have developed the system to be more efficient which includes the innovative technique of PHP Ratchet Socket and Elastic search.
Ratchet Socket: Since our MotorBhada Company mobile APP is communicating with the server frequently (Currently one hit in 2 minutes) even though APP is in background or foreground to track vehicle geo-location, we have to minimize server request. To overcome overload of server request and considering speed as well, we implemented Ratchet PHP socket.
Elasticsearch: Elasticsearch is a distributed, RESTful search and analytic engine capable of solving a growing number of use cases. even though we are playing with big data and some compplex algorithm to get dynamic routes of vehicle, the output of any query performed throughout the system needs to be responded very quick which is not possible in general MySQL or MS-SQL system.
It's the NEED of Kathmandu and the whole of Nepal today because there are no information on public transportation available digitally till date. Public transport commuters don't know about the routes, fares, timings and anything about public transportation. Everyday, they actually have to wait at the bus stand daily, and read routes written on a small laminated A4 paper stuck on the glass of approaching vehicles to finally find their right ride.
With MotorBhada, now daily commuters won't have to follow this irritating, time-consuming routine. Now they can easily find buses, routes, fares, even track the vehicles to their route on their smartphone with just a tap on the app. And to top it all, MotorBhada also gives traffic updates in real-time.
It's dual language (English and Nepali) and highly compatible feature, makes it an App that reaches out to people of all age group.
And the B2B app MotorBhada company is designed to make it driver-friendly. They just have to have the app and tap one button as required - that's all. For example, if there's a traffic jam, the driver using MotorBhada Company will just have to tap the "Traffic Jam" Button to send the information to the company/owner.
Technically, we have developed MotorBhada to support huge user base as it's a MASS app.
For our user app MotorBhada: Since it's targeted to mass, we just have to promote it in a larger scale now. We have covered nearly 70% of the routes in Kathmandu. But this is not even a fraction of what we are targeting to --the whole of Nepal. So, once we have data, it's just promotion that's needed. Because those who take public transport to commute daily will be more than happy to download MotorBhada to ease their daily life, and erase their commute-confusion.
For our B2B app MotorBhada Company: It's for the companies/organisations to track, trace and monitor their vehicles. Because until today, they have been unsure of their vehicles' whereabouts until they make a call. And even when they call, there are chances that the driver is not giving them correct information.
So, this is B2B app is for companies operating across Nepal. By just paying Rs. 2500 as registration fee and Rs. 200 per vehicle per month they can have peace of mind. We will just have to have a strong sales team and strong financial backup to scale up MotorBhada Company.
If not from the Department of Transport, how do we plan to collect data? (Though it requires a huge budget, and the reason why we were stuck even after launching the mass targeted app.
The plan is to bring in transport companies, list their vehicles and routes via MotorBhada Company, and feed the data to the user app MotorBhada.
"WHERE THERE IS ROAD, THERE IS MOTORBHADA"
First, our plan is to start from Kathmandu. And then move to other cities, and then every nooks and corners of Nepal from east to west.
Here are some key features of Municipality Household Property Tax Management system(MHPTMS) given below
Municipality Household Property Tax Management system(MHPTMS) have multiple features when it will be fully functional. We all know that every household has different Unique ID to identify the property owner so with the help of this ID we will list all household owner or property owner in our platform. Similarly, we all know that municipality take tax from these owners but there is no digital platform to pay tax via online so we will provide the one-stop online solution. Now we have all household/property detail in the municipality because when the new house is built in the city it is necessary to Submit/pass all detail in municipality then we have all data about the room detail and all the amenities in this area like water/electricity etc, after getting all this information our system is ready to launch the property renting system .
More then 40 lakh people live in Kathmandu and 1/3 of them lives in rent most of the problem in find room in Kathmandu.
1)Unique property(DigitalGhar) ID.
2)An online tax payment system to view your Local Property Tax record and to pay from anywhere in Nepal
3)Online Property Renting system.
4)People will pay rent Directly to the municipality and municipal body will reduce its tax amount and transfer the remaining amount to the property owner.
5)Redefine whole renting system & legalize it governing and managing by the municipal body.
6)Rewards points on the basis of tax collection.
7)Insurance of listed property.
8)Certain % of a fund is stored in the pool for maintaining property renovation.
-Online tax payment
-Rewards on on-time payment
-Online property Renting system
-Digital identification of property
-Listing of property/room on the basis of the facility(Amenities)
-Insurance of property.
-every property has unique digital Id so it will help to the navigate property in google map.
Kathmandu is the largest municipality and the capital of Nepal It's also the only city in the country with the Mahanagar (Metropolitan City) municipal status. Kathmandu has a population of 985,000 in 2019.
Kathmandu makes up the core of the largest urban agglomeration in the city in the Kathmandu Valley, which also includes Kirtipur, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur, Madhyapur Thimi, and smaller regions. Informally, the city is called KTM or the tri-city.
Kathmandu accounts for 1/12 of Nepal's total population and it's the main gateway to the country's tourism industry. The city has a history going back more than 2,000 years.
City Size and Population Density
The city proper has a population density of 20,288 people per square kilometer (52,550 residents per square mile). So we acquire more users by the help of following steps
1)Giving certain incentive on tax payment via us
2)Give certain new insurance scheme(we all know about the natural disaster of 2072) for their property
3)Rewards point and other facilities on government services
4)Owners Certain fund is stored in a pool and it will give them a good amount of return when they needed (Behalf of users permission only)
5)By making policy to pay tax via online systems like esewa,khalti, ime pay....
6)In the starting point, we will target the industrial and corporate area it will help to list all Sutter, offices and give payment directly to the municipality it will help to reduce corruption in taxing
We are launching our product for all the citizen who owns the property or who are seeking for the property.In starting phase our are mainly targeted a customer is a busy place like Newroad, Durbarmarg & Thamel.
Top Features and characteristics of our full-fledged application:
- Location (GPS) based tracking to find the nearby bicycles.
- QR Code integration to unlock.
- Make Payment for the trip using digital wallet (cashless payment)
- Ride history listing
- Bike locking and parking zone allocation
- Easy-to-use user feedback.
Note: The MVP prototype contains minimal and static functionalities of the above mentioned features.
The product (bicycle sharing) itself is unique on its own in the context of Nepali market.
The application is aimed to provide incentive to the users/bikers as they collect point according to their ride distance which leads to sustainable practice.
- Location (GPS) based tracking to find the nearby bicycles.
- Digital/cashless payment while commuting.
- Users can find easily accessible parking zones near their destination (eg: Hospitals, Schools, tourist areas, etc.)
- Easy-to-use user feedback.
- We plan to increase our coverage area from a specified segment to a larger segment of accessibility.
- In the meantime, the number of cycle (supply side) will be adjusted accordingly.
- Fare regulation/dynamic pricing as well as reward.
The pilot project will be initiated from historical/tourist spots such as Basantapur Durbar and Thamel and can be gradually scaled to other peripheral areas.
We are planning to pilot it on tourist areas such as Basantapur Durbar and Thamel (and if possible, Lakeside, Pokhara can also be targeted first up).
There are problems in acquiring medicines and other health services in health sector and we are here to bridge this gap. We provide medicine and other health related services like lab test, physiotherapy, information related to symptoms of diseases, ambulance services, blood donors list, hospital and consultant doctors list, online counselling etc to our clients. People are gradually preferring more online services now and Nepalmed.com is an online medicine marketplace with integrated health services -offering consumers a trusted database information on doctors, clinics, diagnostic centers, and local pharmacies to enable a one-stop medical search and transaction experience. Getting the medicine and health products at home at reasonable price frees old aged people and others from hassle of getting the medicines and worrying about medicine stock. Due to increasing trend of the people going abroad, many middle aged and old aged people are left isolated at home. Similarly, family members, due to their busy schedule are often not able to regularly follow up the medicine/health status of elder ones in their family. We regularly stay in touch with the clients and do necessary follow-ups to ensure that our clients get medicine in time. As we offer home delivery services including medicine, lab test, blood test and others it brings convenience in customers' life and frees them from medical hassle and concerns.Online medicine business has huge market as it is just growing and is underserved by a mile. Our little experience shows clients accept these services by heart.
Nepal Med is a service based organization
Our Services includes,
- We offer holistic approach in Nepali healthcare industry with the aid of Information Technology. The idea behind it is, customer can fulfill most of their health care needs in one place with ease.
- We offer subscription based medicine delivery, On the Counter (OTC) products at one platform
- We offer lab, blood test at home
- We further offer/promote organic and healthy products to ensure good health of our customers
- We maintain- keep record of medical history of our clients so that it is easily accessible for the whenever required
- We book a clinician's appointment and provide online consultation from doctors
We plan to offer our services in two different phases, initially; In phase I we offer following services,
- Medicine/ Surgical products at home in discounted rate,
- Blood test and lab test at home,
- Organization of health camps,
- Selling of organic and healthy products like .. to our existing customers
Phase II involves,
Medical appointment and Online Counselling
IN A NUTSHELL, we offer;
- Free Delivery
- Medicine Management (Refill Reminder etc.)
- Lab Test at Home (With ISO Certified Labs)
- Medicine Dose Reminder (in App)
- Medical Profile Management
- Surgical Products in economic rate
- Good health and medicine related articles & videos at patients hand
- Booking Appointment and online doctor counselling.
Coming from the medical background, we realized that their are problems in acquiring medicines and other health products in health sector like information ambulance services, blood donors list, hospital and consultant doctors list, online counselling etc to our clients.
People shop for clothes, shoes, food, grocery, and other items online, then why not can they buy medicines online? People are gradually preferring more online now. The idea is to to develop a one-stop medical search and transaction experience via mobile app and website that includes all information related to medical services that are mentioned above also.
Similarly,due to increasing trend of the people going abroad, many middle aged and old aged people are left isolated at home. Similarly, family members, due to their busy schedule are often not able to regularly follow up the medicine/health status of elder ones in their family. We regularly stay in touch with the clients and do necessary follow-ups to ensure that our clients get medicine in time. As we offer home delivery services including medicine, lab test, blood test and others it brings convenience in customers' life and frees them from medical hassle and concerns.
WEBSITE & MOBILE APPLICATION
There are problems in acquiring medicines and other health services in health sector and we are here to bridge this gap. We provide medicine and other health related services like lab test, physiotherapy, information related to symptoms of diseases, ambulance services, blood donors list, hospital and consultant doctors list, online counselling etc to our clients. People are gradually preferring more online services now and Nepalmed.com is an online medicine marketplace with integrated health services -offering consumers a trusted database information on doctors, clinics, diagnostic centers, and local pharmacies to enable a one-stop medical search and transaction experience.
Currently we have member base of 300 clients and we are planning to increase this number up to 1500 in next six months. To reach this number we are adopting the following strategies,
- Door to Door Marketing including visits to various corporate house.
- Promotion through the social media and digital marketing
- Conduct Health and Awareness Camps to increase the member base. So far 6 health camps already conducted by our office
- Member base is also increasing via word of mouth due to quality services we are providing.
- Launch Mobile App and make website fully functional, to increase the client base
- At present we are focusing to deliver our services in Kathmandu and Lalitpur. However, we plan to extend our services throught the country in near future.
- After the release of mobile application, Nepali residents living abroad can also coordinate to help their elderly in getting our services
The key features of our product is as follow:
Intercommunication between different departments
- Different government departments (for example: Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport, Ministry of water supply, etc.) can interact with each other to know about their individual plans and projects to make it successful with each others support.
Mobile application for citizens
- Citizens can easily know about the current government plans and policies for the development of various sectors through mobile based applications and also give suggestions, reviews or complaints about related matter for that particular department. They can also view information for example, budget allocation for a project.
Web based application for government departments
- Governmental departments can easily communicate with the citizens for fulfilling their needs and request about the activities that departments are carrying out. Based on the response of the citizens, government can take effective decisions and actions for the development of a particular place.
User-focused interfaces and application
- One of the perspectives of our product's services is a personalized interaction between the department and the user
- Whether this is an interactive project onto the floor for citizen to interact with, digital exhibitions featured on screens, big screens in government department that can be used to offer different kinds of information and also inspire users to find certain related matter for using technology to create a digital experience for the user.
Complaining about the issues faced
- A user/citizen can cast their complain related to a particular ministry of department. While other people can also up vote the complain and make it an issue for which the department has to give a major priority, and response accordingly.
Problem discussing forum
- Citizens can inquire about different governmental related questions and confusion for which a mentor(who will be a government officer) will respond to clear their doubts
View the ongoing activities and budget allocated
- The citizens can view the ongoing projects and the progress up to date through the mobile application. The citizens can also participate in the developmental activities viewing new upcoming plans. They can also view the budget used for a project.
- Audience can up-vote the plan appropriately on the basis of which high priority will be given the highest voted plan. The citizens can also participate in the developmental activities viewing new upcoming plans and up-vote the plan appropriately on the basis of which high priority will be given the highest voted plan.
Complaining about the problem faced
- Citizens can also complain anonymously. They can involve themselves in an open discussion forum where most mentors will be different government officers. Citizen who have been actively involved in the discussion either by complaining or by giving suggestions will be given points or stars.
We have key partners in our product as follows:
- College Of Applied Business, Gangahiti, Chabahil,Kathmandu
- Nepal Mega School, Anamnagar, Kathmandu
- Lyceum Model School, Chabahil,Kathmandu
Through social medias
- We will use different social medias such as Facebook advertising, creating pages, etc, to catch the attention of huge number of users. This way we can have a large number of users,
Social awareness programmes
- By conducting seminars and workshops together with government units, we can create awareness among general users and also impart the knowledge about how one can make optimal use of the application.
Uploading android application to the Google Play Store
- Once we have our application uploaded in Google Play Store, general users can easily download and give feedback about the application.
- If general users get chance to interact face to face with governmental units and the developers, they become more open and tend to asks questions without any hesitation.
We intend to user our product in the departments of Kathmandu Metropolitan primarily. This way we'll be able to get feedback from the department and make necessary improvement in the system if necessary. On the other hand, as we have already mentioned, there is no specific region that we target but this system can be implemented by any state government in national or international level.
Firstly, our product is easily accessible to people of any kind as it is a mobile app which can be downloaded at one go from playstore. Recent data in Kathmandu claims there are more smartphones than human population. So keeping that statistics in mind,we thought delivering a product in mobile platform will outreach more users than any other platform can.
Our app serves as a gateway to make the communication between the donor and receiver in the most efficient way than ever practiced.
If so, then what makes our app so effective??
- Donors will have their personal account in the system where their recent location and willingness in donation is tracked. They will have their own credits termed as RESPECT which increases as donor donates blood. If the user has no donor account, he can as well use the app to make donation requests. So, the app is available for both donors as well as non-donor accounts.
- Donors found by the receiver through the app are more likely to donate the blood, as our database system runs on the real-time update of donor current location and will.
- As our app becomes successful only after acquiring a huge donor base, so to address it our app provides credit points to donors which can be redeemed for health services coupons.
- In today's scenario, people feel motivated by sharing the things they feel special. If that motivates the people, then leaving no stone unturned to pursue the goal of increasing the donors, we have introduced a digital card system(a kind of digital certificate) that is shareable to social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- As the blood request may be appealed for some future point in time, so in order to address the blood request in advance, we have allocated Donate section where the user can post the blood request beforehand and it will be shown to those donors based on location preference.
- It is not always possible to find a compatible donor around you, so to address that we have added the section of Blood Banks in the app where a user can search nearest blood bank around him/her and can check the availability of required blood group in that blood bank. If available, can contact directly with the contact information provided there.
- In order to converge blood donation-related information published by blood banks and as well other health-related events by governmental as well NGO's to the user base we have separated a News/Events section in the app.
After having a look at the Play Store, we didn't find an app like ours in Nepal.
But to address the blood donation problem, some active online social groups like MRR (Mens Room Reloaded), Dari Gang, etc have made the database of the blood donors which are from the same group and have released it publicly so that anyone can use the database.
Dari Gang had moved a step further to develop a web application where user can search the required blood group based on location preference and can get the donor details right away. This approach has somehow attempted to solve the problem but had not succeeded.
Some of the major problems this approach faces are :
- Donors are simply saved in a database with their fixed location. It didn't make any attempt to update the donor's will to donate.
- Privacy Concern has been the major issue as the donor's detail is openly displayed. This resulted in a decrease in the number of female donors as well as increasing the problems of prank calls and sexual abuse.
- These approaches didn't provide enough motivation for donors to make them feel to donate. In today's materialistic world, people value social service to the least and only want some material gain. So, this approach lacks an adequate number of donors.
The innovative features that present system lacks are illustratively shown in the above section.
Now, it will be shown how those innovative features are addressed in our system/app:
1. Fixed location and "Will to Donate" issue:
Donors are now stored with their recent location which gets updated in the database automatically once the donor connects his/her phone to the internet. This helps to solve the problem of location update of the donor.
Also, additional privilege is provided to the donor to either turn on or off the "will to donate" button in the app.
This helps the receiver accurately track the donor and donor can get rid of all those extra calls when he is not able to donate.
2. Privacy Issue:
Donor personal details are now hidden, only their location can be seen in the map( which is also their last known location). And if the receiver is to contact the donor, the call is to be made through the app.
3. Motivation issue:
A credit based system is set up in the app which is termed as "RESPECT". Respect points are earned by the donor if he donates the blood. These respect points can be redeemed for health service coupons in the hospitals we have partner-shipped with.
In today's scenario, people are spending more time in social network sites, so they feel motivated to share something that could make them feel great in front of others whether it be an achievement, social deed, etc. So, keeping that in mind we have also set up a provision to make our digital certificate shareable in the social media.
In the initial development phase, we are targetting the youths from Kathmandu city of active social groups like MRR(Mens Room Reloaded), WRR(Women's Room Reloaded), NYC(Nepalese Youth Group), etc.
After our database collects enough donors and app gets enough attention in the public, we wish to launch in other major cities like Pokhara, Biratnagar, Butwal, Dang, etc. First, we have to partner with the health organizations and state ministry of health to officially launch the app in a particular region.
We aim to make as much youth membership in this venture throughout the country. But as Kathmandu city is mostly populated with youths from throughout the country and there are more governmental health institutions than any other place, so Kathmandu would be the best startup place.
As our app grows enough donor base accounts, we will earn from the revenues of the advertisement of health-related events from different private and governmental sectors. And using those revenues, we will start our offices in different cities throughout the country and ease the hassle process of searching donors for emergency blood donation.
As a mobile application can’t be restricted to be used at a particular location, it can be used at any location with enough donors in that area. After it is released in the play store, people at any location could download and use it. But initially, our intention will be to collect users mainly in Kathmandu valley. So we will publicize mainly in this area.
The highlighting features of our product are as follows:-
- Well-designed portable public toilet that consists:
- Pan toilet and commode toilet as per comfort(for both men and women)
- Two extra urinal toilets for men
- Utilizing the disposal in the form of compost fertilizer.
- Medical booth (focusing on sanitary pad and first aid).
- Proper water facility.
- Basin and liquid hand wash soap for hand wash.
The main innovative feature of our prototype that other similar prototype doesn’t have is portability. We have designed our product in such a way that it is portable to carry on to different location which tends to eliminate the space permitting, social and legal issues related for leasing the land in public places. Our product can be lifted in and out of a vehicle easily. And also disposal is used as organic fertilizer.
The features that will satisfy the users are:
- Well and sanitized toilet environment
- Availability of toilet in every 1-2 km along ring-road
- Availability of proper water facility
- Medical booth is also provided for sanitary pads and first aid kits
- Separate booth for each of toilet maintaining privacy
- Well managed thrash-bin for disposal of sanitary pads, attached to women’s toilet
SafaSahar is now limited to “along ring-road”. Unavailable of public toilet is issue all over the nation. Portable toilet can be placed anywhere in little space. With this concept, we can install portable public all over the nation. People use it when they see it, so any marketing is not required for the product. But awareness campaign for proper use of toilet can be conducted, for optimum utilization of the resource like water and not damaging public property. In this way, we can scale up our product to support mass number of users.
For initial, we have planned to install our product along the ring-road within the distance of 1-2 km each (station). Because ring-road is one of the crowded and busiest place in Kathmandu valley it will be the great place to evaluate our product in the starting phase.
For clear understanding, the product can be divided into two parts.
1. Personal Alert System
2. Community Alert System
Personal Alert System :
In this system , our product - " SI Personal Alert System" is connected for the protection of personal room, shops, office or houses. The sensor connected to this device will depend on the nature of installation site. When a owner needs to leave his room/ office/ shops/ home, then he can switch on this device. Then the sensor connected to this device will monitor any intruder in the security zone. If it detect any intruder, instantly it will triggers an alarm system to stop theft and gives an call and SMS on registered mobile phone to alert owner regarding the theft. Then the owner can take necessary action for his protection.
Community Alert System :
In this system, loud serine will installed at center of community and wireless switches will be connected in each house in community. During the time of emergency(like robbery, heart attach, accident ,etc), victim are trained to press the emergency switch nearby. This will activate the central Alarm system and all the people present in the community will be aware of the emergency situation and reach to victim for help. This can prevent any situation from being worse.
In some case we can merge both of this system. When an individual using "SI Personal Alert system" gets a call and SMS alert of theft in his property, he can use his mobile phone to activate the "Community Alert System" so that people in the community gets aware of this theft and can prevent the theft.
Unique hardware design and Human Tracking ALgorithm :
We have done some unique hardware design and implemented human tracking algorithm to filter the false alarm (i.e. unnecessary activation of of alarm, call and SMS system). Normally false alarm is the prime challenges of this kind of security devices. Most security alarm in the market can be activated by insects, mice, flies, etc. and gives unnecessary calls , sms alert and alarm alert. So people are discouraged using this kind of device instead of it's necessary. So our unique hardware design and human tracking algorithm is the prime competitive advantage of our product to compete similar other products in the market.
Miles range GSM communication system :
Most wireless communication system like RF, wifi, etc got weaker on increasing distance. This will reduce the reliabililty of communication when the distance increases .Communication over miles of distance is impossible. So we have used GSM system for wireless communication. This make our wireless transmission very reliable and is not effected by distance. Actually, emergency switch and community alarm can be placed at miles away(even at different region of country), and they work perfectly.
Theft Alert System :
Our product has got sensor like motion detector , UV ,etc. These sensor make their own security zone and keep tracks of intruder within its security region. When it detect intruder or unwanted activity within it's security zone, then it triggers an alarm and sends calls and SMS in the registered mobile number. This will prevent the possible theft case to greater extend.
Robbery / force theft alert system: During the case of forced theft/ robbery, victim can press an emergency button. This will activate the community Siren and inform other community member so that they can come for help.
Medical Emergency Alert system : During the medical emergency like heart attack, accident, etc , victim can call other people for help just by pressing the emergency button. This might prevent the situation from getting worse.
1. Setting up dealer at different part of the country
2. Collaboration with different securities company to use our product with other securities package like (cctv, fire alarm,etc)
3. Working with different government and non government organization in to make a secure society using our product
4. Constantly upgrading our product features to catch up with the changing market requirement.
We intend to used our products initially at gold shops and finances. In fact our products have already used by over 100 customers. We have been continuously getting feedback from them and validating our products.
Now we are trying to bring out our products for the security of the community as a whole.
Smart Bucket: an economic, odorless,effective, portable and indoor alternative of traditional compost bin, turning organic kitchen waste into both solid and liquid fertilizer, thus reducing waste at its generation site and contributing to KMC for solid waste management.
- Simple and compact bioreactor for the fermentation of the organic waste.
- Use of the indigenious environment friendly microbes for the fastidious decomposition.
- These microbes are the native isolates thus the performance is high.
An economic, odorless,effective, portable and indoor alternative of traditional compost bin, turning organic kitchen waste into both solid and liquid fertilizer, thus reducing waste at its generation site.
- Materials: Materials used for Smart Bucket is manufactured in Nepal , this facilitates the availability of the raw materials within the short period of time.
- Workforce: Praramva Biotech has been serving to 15 members staff.
- Workspace: Praramva has been operating in 6 ropani of land in kathmandu (Nagarjun-06), this serves us enough space for the assembling and fabrication of the raw materials within our premises.
- Decomposer: These indigenous microbes has been isolated in the laboratory of Praramva Biotech, and these microbes can be replicated in sufficient quantity within the laboratory of our own by the technical staffs.
The above mentioned features of our team will definately eases us for the scale up the product within the limited time framework.
We primarily target the heavily urbanized area of Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur Metropolitian City. The house and flat/apartment owners will be our primary customer.
The overall features and functionalities of our product includes:
‘The Interface’ is a web based project management software platform inherently built to function well with government norms and system.
A core tool for the municipality, that can coordinate between different departments of the government in order to minimize negative feedback of development and maximize the potential whilst reducing the cost and preventing effort duplicacy.
Suppose, the Kathmandu municipality plans to undertake a project to graphically visualize all the households with their coordinates from one software company. Another software exists in the road division that has a graphical layout of existing roads and many more features. Similarly, in order to plan in a sustainable way, our planning agencies require a tool in order to graphically view the resources(drainage, drinking water supply line, electricity, telephone, internet wires, etc.) In order to plan in a sustainable way, we need a tool that can graphically show every resources in one place, or selectively, as per requirement. The interface provides a vision to implement that concept in a futuristic model.
Today, even a responsible person for municipal committee is unaware of any development project happening anywhere in his area. This is because there is a lack of communication or lack of information flow between respective department of the government. All in all, we lack a system to organize projects. Even if two projects of the same department overlap each other at certain places, there is no effective way of coordination. The interface aims to solve that in a way which creates motivation in the departments itself. This won’t just impact the livelihood of denizens, but also minimizes the pollution caused due to unplanned roadside excavation.
The key features of the prototype are:
A generic showcase of above features.
A dashboard with map on which different project outlines can easily be seen. Different departments are provided with different color so that it will be easier to collaborate and see if the projects intersect or any innovation can be done based on the requirements. This also contains pointers on the map which shows the project code and the short title of the project.
A showcase of how notifications can be sent to/ received by the departments with whom projects can be collaborated.
A showcase which shows the analytic data of how ‘The Interface’ is functioning and how each departments have been collaborating with each other.
A showcase in text form of how project details are input and approval system based on their location and priority.
A collaboration overview screen that shows how two or more projects/ departments have collaborated (green for ones who are actively working & yellow for the ones who are to work on the same resource after the green ones are done), their design plans and thumbnail of their map, exact location of the coordination, description and expected completion date of coordination.
An online record of all projects(running, collaborated and archived) in a user friendly way.
Along with above features, we aim to provide following additional features in our final product:
We will provide an internal communication channel ( messaging channel) in order to share confidential documents, collaborate timelines and communicate any problems that occur or may occur.
We will provide specific outlines for collaboration based on further research and requirements.
We will provide an easy way to provide a feedback to us in order to suggest what any user might need to make the product even better.
We will provide an easy FAQ section to guide on how to make most use of the software.
We will provide a language support in order to make users feel more comfortable to share their experiences or operate throughout the country.
We will provide user authentication system in order to prevent issues that might be created due to unauthenticated usage.
We will work on to continuously make the task of users easier, minimum time on subjective detail entry and maximum value generation based on continuous research and brainstorming.
The concept of creating a core tool for municipality in order to sync everything at one place is one of the many new concepts we have introduced here.
Similarly, we’ve managed to find out nearby projects using an algorithm that we’ve personally devised. This will help users to realize about the resources of different departments before beginning to operate at the place. For example, a new road division employee will know about underground network of drainage even before excavation with this algorithm.
Also, we’ve also devised a way to predict the tentative point of intersection between two projects by harnessing the potential of machine learning. Every coordinates entered will act as the points of a 2D equation. These will help us create matrices upon which our algorithm will operate to find approximate geo-coordinates where two or more projects can overlap. This will help users to know where their projects overlap and where they can coordinate to make a combined effort.
One stop solution for integrated overview of multiple projects overtaken
There are many departments under the control of local government. These departments have multiple projects of their own and they do not have an effective way of collaboration; one that can be strategically implemented and can be easily addressed. ‘The Interface’ provides one stop solution to view multiple projects that overlap with each other or can be collaborated in order to make strategic developments in Nepal. Every departments will be assigned one color when adding a new project in the map. This will make it easy for superlative department to see and make strategies and suggestions based on the project drawings from these departments. Also, the departments will be provided with suggestion system that will suggest what other projects are being currently undertaken and if their location or timeline overlaps with their projects.
Easy user experience
The application will be easy to use with a clean user interface design. The users can easily find out about the features and actions to be performed only by looking at the user interface. We’ve also tried to utilize the benefit of existing software/applications our users are familiar with. For example, profile of the department, notification is all similar to the most used sites in Nepal.
The user will also have an option to choose the language they are comfortable with. Considering the diverse ethnicity and languages spoken in our country, we believe that language barrier should not provide any form of obstruction in using the tool.
Instead of giving users plethora of options and use cases, we’ve repeatedly worked on to provide minimal options and generate maximum usability.
In order to scale up and support huge user base, we plan on providing language support for multiple languages(nepal bhasa, maithili, bhojpuri, nepali, etc.) based on the requirements.
We want to provide this solution to every municipal entity(गाउँपालिका, नगरपालिका, उपमहानगरपालिका र महानगरपालिका). This can be done by providing a central database. Also, this can be helpful to later cater the service on need basis to state government and central government for planning and development needs.
In order to cater the needs of state government/ central government, we may have to change the way of perceiving our data in order to plan for future. We may have to provide an option for live satellite imagery in order to visualize the changing geographical status and plan accordingly. This could help planning agencies to think beforehand about what preventive measures to undertake if glaciers burst (due to global warming), if any innovation can be done to divert the water flow in order to fulfill the demand of water in irrigation lacking areas, if any project of national importance can be implemented remaining within the system by coordinating between respective departments without delay(because of internal messaging channel and notification system), etc.
The integral part of successful implementation or evaluation of efficacy of a product is measured with the analytics of how well the product is being utilized. We plan on actively working on the analytics of this product, figure out the pain points, work rigorously in order to produce a better result.
Geography has minimal role for applying this project.
We aim to provide analytics tool for policy makers to make development decisions by understanding the traffic mobility.
Provide route suggestion through networking stations and intelligent analysis.
The key features are:
Approximate the amount of congestion in the road and visualize the congestion in a real time graph.
Keep track of stations under surveillance. Surveillance video list is updated as new videos arrive.
8 vehicle classes are detected by the system. We also visualize the count of total vehicles on the road as a real time graph.
At the end of the analysis, a summary report is generated based on all the traffic data that have been accumulated. It consists of the time vs count graph for each vehicle classes, the average congestion index of road in that duration as well a visualization of how much did each class contribute to the total vehicle congestion in the road. So, in a nutshell, it comprehensively analyses the traffic mobility of a particular road.
We developed our own dataset and annotated approx. 14,000 Nepali vehicles so that the system is tailored to the Nepali market.
We employed deep learning ( CNN ) for the detection of vehicles. The real time performance is achieved with the help of YOLO architecture.
We developed an index system for approximating the congestion and giving us the congestion contribution of each vehicle class.
Our system also gives the count of each vehicle class which can be readily used in the checkpoints.
Real time congestion graph plots will help analyze the traffic mobility trends.
The report that can be generated will use the same data as that used by the real-time graphs, only it uses a much broader viewing window.
The congestion contribution data of each vehicle class and counting system employed is unique to our system which our target audience will definitely find useful.
We will be demonstrating our product/system to the various organizations including governmental and non governmental. Our beachhead market will be the local governments where the system can be used to count the vehicles at checkpoints. The local governments can benefit by reviewing and monitoring the transportation revenues. We will scale up by moving towards the upper government hierarchies like state government.
The targeted geographic region is Province 3. We will want to roll it in Thankot Checkpoint for the counting of Transport Trucks.
We also want the congestion mapping in the major junction of kathmandu.
- IOT integrated Smart Meter Reading
- Computing platform
- Platform for smart energy saving (client-side)
- Big data-driven data analysis
- Near-real-time monitoring along with user location & data visualization of energy consumption in GIS platform (map).
- High level of climate change awareness and promote renewable energy
- Energy saving-based rewards (Points basis) [i.e. Corporate social responsibility (CRS) program for supporting companies]
- Platform to input user's electric equipment which can be used for energy consumption classification per device
- Cost-benefit analysis for using renewable energy with resident roof-top data/ land-use data, satellite data for roof area calculation as the home location is provided by a user.
- Payment Platform.
- Data collected can be used to develop a smart grid.
- Awareness and promotion of renewable energy by providing a cost-benefit analysis for using renewable energy with resident roof-top data/ land-use data, satellite data for roof area calculation as the home location is provided by a user.
- Energy saving-based rewards (Points basis) [i.e. Corporate social responsibility (CRS) program for supporting companies]
- Platform to input user's electric equipment which can be used for energy consumption classification per device
- Platform for investors (Marketplace) interested in renewable energy.
- Far greater (and more detailed) feedback regarding energy use, where users can input the electric appliances used in their house/companies and get the energy consumption classification per appliances.
- Faster recovery from outages Error-free bills
- Savings on electricity bills via time-of-use tariffs
- Ability to monitor electricity consumption and thus save money
- Platform for other value-added services
- Ability to manage and control appliances at homes and offices (with additional home and building automation tools)
Our business model can adapt to a larger workload without compromising performance or losing revenue. Our core users are all the Nepal Electricity Authority’s customers (Households, commercial buildings, industries, etc.) consuming electricity all around Nepal.
For the software side, once the development stage is complete, we can infinitely replicate our end-product and sell to the customer at little or no additional cost to the business because of cloud-based platform development, to achieve scalability (in terms of geography and size) at the reasonable cost.
Since the hardware side is considerably expensive, an innovative business model using public-private partnership (PPP) could be explored for the full development of the power sector and leverage the investments made by the government. To implement advanced technologies like smart metering, the governance structure must be streamlined, and capacity must be strengthened through substantive reform.
Primarily this product is intended to be installed in a newly built house (as well as new electricity required house/commercial building) within Kathmandu Metropolitan City.